March 4, 2012

Socks - in the meantime

So, I'm slow this week and I haven't finished clue #3 yet (only one more piece to go).  But I did say that I finished those socks I was making right?  Right.

I took pictures with my blackberry because I was feeling incredibly lazy, sorry if the quality is kind of crappy.

Anyhow, from the socks from the toe up book by Wendy Johnson - here are my Traditional Gansey socks.

mmm... stripey.

I started out making these as the posie socks, but the stripes overpowered the pattern (I honestly didn't realize that this sock yarn was MAJORLY striped.  oops).  Anyhow, so I tore out my first sock after getting just about to the heel, and then went searching for a pattern that would compliment - or at least not detract from - the stripes in the yarn.  TA DA!

That totally isn't a two-at-a-time sock book in the background.  Totally.


Now, back to the crochet along... *sigh*

No comments: