March 11, 2012

Up to date on the CAL - Clue #3 and Clue #4

Well, I've been quite ill this week, with no more energy than to get up, get dressed (sometimes) and crochet or read a book, so I got caught up with the Crochet Along.  Not that I was really all that behind.  I think I finished off clue #3 the Sunday before the clue #4 came out, so I'm still pulling off getting each clue done before the next one comes out, just not always before the weekend so that I have time to write about it.

Okay, clue #3 - more octagons!  This time in green (contrast C) and the red that is my MC.  Some people think the middle motif looks like a snowflake - I think it looks like a sun!



Anyhow, my blanket colours are great, but they really don't work without the contrast D colour.  I'm so glad that clue #4 was itty bitty popcorn stitch squares in contrast D... they're pretty fantastic and are currently stealing the show from the rest of the squares (ouch!).

omg.  These are sooo cute.  :)

On another note, I'm finding that my pink octagons with the flowers in the middle are much bigger than everything else.  This is because I was crocheting very loose.  I don't tend to do that, which is why I sized up my hook in the first place, so I should really pull them apart and redo them with the right (see also "the same") tension - like the rest of my squares... *sigh*  oh well.  :)  Everyone was so worried about their gauge that I got caught up in it.  I don't find it's really a big deal as long as you stick to the directions - AND you make a test swatch - which I did - and it was awesome.  So, I shouldn't have worried. 

Here's all my pieces to date!

Popcorn squares steal the show, right?

No comments: