May 6, 2011

Faux cable socks!

So, I am way behind on my posting.  That is mostly because I keep forgetting my drive with all my photos on it at work.  Ooops.  I have really got to stop doing that.  Anyhow, another good excuse for forgetting to post a lot is that I've actually been working on a lot of projects recently (yay me!) and ones that get finished sometimes... :)

So, I bought a whole bunch of sock yarn from Mary Maxim not that long ago and I thought I would just go nuts and make lots of socks... and, well, I finally finished - A pair.  Guess I'm not going to be a sock knitting machine.  Oh well... I'm trying.   This pattern came with my lovely sock yarn, so I don't think it's actually available online... my bad... but I'm really happy with how they turned out.  It's a faux cable pattern.  No actual cable crossings, but all the effect of cables. 


I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to not make things ladder on dpns without putting a hole in my index finger (aka knitting too tight). 

No comments: