May 9, 2011

Circles / squares earthy afghan

I'm on an afghan binge!  I'm finishing up afghans and blankets that I've been working on for years and I'm making some new neat patterns while I'm at it.  Sadly, the new neat patterns tend to get the attention rather than the patterns that I've given up on for oh so very long... but... I am REALLY trying to clean out my stash - or at the very least finish the projects I've already started.  This is usually my lofty aim, but I'm a bit of an ADD knitter/crocheter and I go... "focus... ooooh... that looks fun! I'm going to do that...."

On that note, here's the first finished afghan from the binge!  And... you guessed it - new neat pattern!  I found it on ravelry.  I was just looking for something cool and funky - you know, different than the average granny square afghan.  It's purdy.  I used Vanna's Choice yarn in Rust, Olive, and Barley.

Ignore the crochet hook sticking out of it.  It's done now.
 I really like how it turned out.  I mostly finished it in a lovely weekend at the lake.  Isn't that terrible?  It was still snowy out here though, so you'll have to forgive my working through a weekend at the lake.  :)

The only issue I have with how this turned out is that I'm not particularly good at sewing up the squares.  It's a little bumpy on the edges, but otherwise, great afghan!



No comments: