June 1, 2012

The best laid schemes

Hey there!  We're back from our amazing Southern Utah road trip.  We put over 5500km on the truck, her odometer rolled over 100,000kms, we were gone for 11 days (we had 14 planned but came home a little early) and saw 4 National Monuments, 4 State Parks, 1 Tribal Park, and an annular solar eclipse.  Phew!  How on earth did we do that AND all that drving in 11 days?  No idea!  But we're home now.

I had expected to get a lot of knitting / crocheting done while we were gone, but no such luck.  My husband loaned me a book - oops.  Now I'm on book 3 of the series.  I can't stop.  BUT - I did finish the lovely spring cardigan (new yarn) that I made, didn't like, tore out, and redid.

I don't have a very good picture, but here is the one I do have for now.  I'll get a better one later.

Cute, right?
So, the cardigan didn't turn out quite how I had planned.  On the model in the picture from Mary Maxim, she doesn't have any ties on the cardigan and it doesn't make her look fat - probably because she is a stick - but it doesn't look like that on me.  I added a ribbon, which made it work quite well.  Without the ribbon, well, it looks just plain frumpy.  I just happened to have some pink ribbon on hand - it was supposed to go into a baby  blanket but then I made stupid mistakes and ended up cutting it all too short - and hey!  It's handy now! (thank god!)

More pictures!

Much better angle

No comments: