April 4, 2012

Final Layout for the CAL - pre-seaming

So, the final layout is out for the CAL.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  So, I figured out an alternate layout - and then asked the husband what he thought.

Anyhow, here is what the afghan will look like when laid out as in the official layout:
ooooh!  aaaah!
And here is how I want to lay it out:
Seriously?  How'd you get in here?
Just kidding!  That's my cat enjoying "his" new blanket.  Here's a REAL picture of how the "stripey" layout looks:
So, here's the deal.  I like this layout, but it needs a couple changes.  1. The white clue #1 square needs to be red.  2. the pink clue #1 square needs to be green (according to the husband.)  He says that the green is a nice offset for the red and it goes well with the white too - thus, it should replace the pink since the pink is not a good offset for the red.  My argument is that the blanket is symmetrical with the pink and the green clue #1 squares where they are.

No comments: