November 10, 2012

Slippers

Okay - so who has a really great pattern for slippers?

What I'm looking for is something cute, relatively unconventional, easy-ish, and quick to make.  I'm not asking for much, right?

Anyhow, so after starting my god-forsaken slippers for my family for Christmas I decided that those were TOO much work - but cute!  So I moved on to these incredibly easy crochet slippers.  They're cute too, but I kind of hate them.  There's really not much to them and there are incredibly large holes in them.  So let's do a pros and cons list

Crochet Slippers
Pros:
Took me two days to make a pair of slippers
I got to use scrap yarn - used less than a ball of yarn for the pair
they're really actually quite cute

Cons:
BIG freaking holes in them.
Really rather insubstantial
They don't look like something I would give away as a gift.

Cute - yet holey!
Ballet Flat Slippers
Pros:
These are gorgeous (hopefully they will remain gorgeous when they are sewn up)
They are more substantial as they have a doubled sole
They do look like something I'd be willing to give as a gift

Cons:
Took a ball of sock yarn
Took about a month
There's 6000 ends to weave (well, more like 16... but still!)
Haven't finished them yet

Super pretty - yet so much work!
I'm not sure we have a clear winner.  In fact, I'm fairly certain that neither of these patterns win.  So, I beg my initial question again.  Who's got a really great pattern for slippers??  Please help me out!

No comments: