January 20, 2012

2012 Mystery Crochet Along

So, Bernat is having a mystery crochet-along / mystery knit-along.  This sounds like so much fun, so I decided I would try it.  Knitting a bunch of squares and then sewing them together didn't sound like too much fun to me, and I crochet faster, so I picked the CAL afghan.  :)  (If you want to join me, you have to sign up for the bernat forum - no idea why)

I picked myself out some purdy colours and then I ordered them and sat patiently ("Did I get a package today?  How about today?  No?  Today?") and waited for them to show up at my doorstep.

My husband brought the package to dinner with his family last night when it showed up (squeeee!) coz he thought I'd be sooooo excited that I couldn't stand that all my brand-spanking new yarn was at home and I wasn't!

But I wasn't QUITE that bad.... I cracked into the box this morning and LOVE the colours I picked.  I am a huge fan of red, so my mystery afghan is going to have a red base - and lots of purdy floral colours - Beautiful Things is definitely the Waverly palette I picked - Coz I'm a sucker for reds / pinks - especially together!

Beautiful!  I totally have a couch-full of yarn!
First clue doesn't come out until mid-February, so I'm going to be im-patiently waiting for that too...

Thankfully, I have a really pretty sock pattern to work on until then!

No comments: