July 29, 2010

Back to Babies!

So, my cousin is having a baby, as is a girlfriend of mine. My friend, is having a little girl, but I just can't see her dressing her baby in frilly pink frou frou... and my cousin, is having a little boy. Sadly, I didn't know my cousin was having a boy when I started this frilly pink frou frou blast from the past dress. I can't link this pattern as it's from a book my mom had when she was a knitter (ie. when she was pregnant with me, she knit a baby sweater. Once.)
I wanted to make this dress in just a solid lavendar or replace the pink parts with lavendar, but I just couldn't find the yarn in the right colour (and was too lazy to go buy it online) so it ended up frilly and pink! Which is awesome... now to find the right person to give it to... someone has to be having a little girl who likes pink, right?

No comments: