March 21, 2010

Sockies!!!

So, after the scarf was finished, I decided to move onto something completely different. A friend of mine had got a ball of sock yarn and a pattern (from Make One Yarn Studio here in Calgary) to go with it for me for Christmas, now seeing as I had never used double pointed needles before, I was a teensy bit wary, but no pain, no gain, right? So, I consulted almighty youtube for some advice on how to work in the round on double pointed needles. The going was slow and after half of the first sock I was wondering how on earth people did this to make their clothing (especially because the pattern was not as easy as it could have been and I was contemplating making only one sock)! But, lo and behold! Once you get the hang of double pointed needles - sock two goes much faster!
So, for me, this was something entirely new and I'm still not sure if I liked doing it, by my socks are SUPER COMFY!!! <3